FCC 2014 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » NWOG » Geocaching Events
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Sep 4 '14
Just so you know, the caches are starting to come in. I've added a little list to the FCC page on this site. Please feel free to spread the word (and a link!) :)

http://nwogeocachers.com/FCC2014

Share:
NWOGger
Mechman Sep 8 '14
Holy Crap that's a huge area!! gulp...not so sure I'll get any caches hidden, as I'm out to Red Lake tomorrow for 3 weeks.  But I'll more than likely participate in the event if the weather is decent.  I think that I'm home that weekend.
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Sep 10 '14
You know what, you're right, Mech. I'm going to get my buddy CRex to take a look at where the caches that are currently hidden are, and if he can suggest a way to make the area a bit smaller, I just may do that. :)
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Sep 10 '14
Please take a look at the FCC page and see the map. There is now a new PINK area within the yellow area. Please only hide new caches for the FCC2014 in the PINK area. If you've hidden a cache that falls outside the PINK area, that's okay. It's still allowed. (If you want to try to move your cache into the PINK area, that'd be fantastic. You know who to talk to about that.)
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Sep 23 '14
I've got two caches ready for the Fall Cache Challenge. But other than that, it looks like we might have a small number (nine?) of caches for this year's FCC... unless some of you have some plans. Do you? :)
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Sep 29 '14
Twelve caches (plus more being tweaked, I'm told) ready for the FCC. Remember, the first SCC only had this many caches. Let's see if we can hit 15!
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Oct 2 '14
Sixteen caches! Good job everyone! Don't forget the tailgate party afterward. Bring your supper, and maybe something to share!
NWOGger
MsOfficer Oct 3 '14
Hey Darren I can't reply to the chat in my iPhone. I'm taking a poll to see how many people and what mode of transport they will be using Sunday !
NWOGger
Abramobeast Oct 4 '14
Not to be a negative nanny, but is there going to be a rain date for this event? ie is this proceeding rain or shine?
NWOGger
gheiny Oct 4 '14
From the event page... The weather looks sketchy for Sunday, but remember what happened at the Fire at the Loch event? Nasty forecast, raining all afternoon, fantastic weather for the event. :) There is no rain date for the FCC, so, you know. Come on out, I'll be sure to make it worth you while, just shake my hand and say "Make this worth my while." :)

PS: Check out the Weatherspark forecast... (visit link)

NWOGger
shroomAzoom Oct 4 '14
You're a negative nanny! :) Rain, or shine, or snow, or whatever! :) We've had such great weather all these past years, one year of cold and wet won't kill you. :)
NWOGger
shroomAzoom Oct 6 '14
Well, the rain held off and even though it was a little chilly, it was a great event! Thanks to everyone who hid caches, who hunted caches, who brought food, and who participated in any way, you made the day great!

I didn't take many pictures of the day (and it looks like not too many of you did either.) Still I managed to cobble together a little video to remember our day and to show you the route that Mr Pepsi, the Dude, Chap and I took yesterday afternoon.

I think the big flaw in our plan was going up to Poohma's Basic cache. We ended up running out of time (and energy) and probably could have picked up the last two caches if we had traded away that one. Still I'm happy with the effort we put in.

Congrats to Q and A for finding them all in the afternoon. I hope you all had a good time! Now, the video, please feel free to share this on the Facebook group while I'm away! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MN6ESqPQUo

The Forum post is edited by shroomAzoom Oct 6 '14
NWOGger
MsOfficer Oct 8 '14
Great video. I noticed near the end that noone was taking pictures. I kind on wish I took pictures at each cache when we ran into other teams. Now I know for next year!!